by Paul Russo
Attendees: Lynn Garren, Chris Green, Kyle Knoepfel, Rob Kutschke, Gianluca Petrillo, Ron Rechenmacher, Paul Russo
- Enhanced MixFilter capabilities
- Improved art-summary printout
- artmod now warns to use cetskelgen
- The art::Source template will no longer sort user-specified input files
- all deprecations listed here are no longer supported
art/NtupleSQLite3 facilities have been moved to
The upcoming releases were discussed.
2.06.00 feature release
- new compiler gcc 6.2
- The cetlib interface demangle(string) is deprecated and is proposed for removal.
- root 6.08 release is not expected before November 4th.
New feature requests were discussed.
Splitting cetlib into two libraries
The artdaq team would like the cetlib exception functionality to be moved to a new library. This will allow them to remove the dependency on boost and sqlite3 for their code that uses cetlib exceptions.
cetlib_exception is the new library
cetlib has everything else
Namespace remains cet for both libraries. Forwarding headers would be provided so that user code would not have to change, however cmake library lists would have to be changed. Conversion scripts for changing header includes in source code and CMakeLists.txt files will be provided.
This would be targeted for the art 2.06.00 release.