by Paul Russo
Attendees: Lynn Garren, Chris Green, Herb Greenlee, Chris Jones, Kyle Knoepfel, Rob Kutschke, Evan Niner, Brian Rebel, Paul Russo
- Registries modified for thread safety
- nutools build for novasoft with upgraded ifdhc
- Added ups build of python 3
- Added fhicl::Comment constructor taking a std::string
- Fixed ambiguous overload in fhicl when using clang
- Fast cloning problem fixed
The fast cloning problem only occurred when fast cloning was automatically disabled by art. The produced output file was corrupt, and could not be read. We had a discussion of whether or not the experiments wanted a new release of art to get this fix immediately. The concensus from the experiments is that they have not been affected and so do not need an immediate release. LArSoft requests this for art v2_0602.
The experiments were asked if they are using MessageFacility in a standalone mode independent of art. Some believe they might be. Notification was given that there will be breaking changes in the future, timescale is about a year, in order to support multithreaded operation.