by Paul Russo
Attendees: Lynn Garren, Chris Green, Ken Herner, Chris Jones, Kyle Knoepfel, Rob Kutschke, Marc Paterno, Paul Russo
Bug fix release requested for the following problems:
- art dictionary checking needs to be updated now that root supports std::array for i/o
- the linux memory usage collection art does uses a popen(2) call, which breaks Intel Open|SpeedShop, so this will be replaced with an implementation that reads from /proc/<id>/statm directly.
- TFileService gains the ability to switch files on configuration boundaries. The user will be required to provide a callback which will be called after the file is switched so that they may update their pointers and zero counters.
Feature change proposals
Make “!” and “-” prefixes for producer labels in paths a configuration error because producers always succeed (except when they throw).
- High Sierra is now supported by Fermilab but not yet by art
- There are some issues with the product stack which need to be resolved, once this is done art will officially support High Sierra
- FYI: Yosemite will be de-supported by Fermilab on Nov. 10th